CARES AIRPLANE SAFETY HARNESS
CARES Child Aviation Safety Harness is designed specifically for aviation use for children age 1 and older who weigh between 22 and 44 pounds. These youngsters are old enough to be in their own seats but are too small for the seat belt alone to protect them and provide the safety they require during airplane travel. Their bodies cannot withstand the jolts that are common in routine air travel, much less emergency situations, and they flail forward or slide beneath the seat belt if they are not held securely in place.
- Between 22 and 44 lbs ( 9.10 and 20 kg )
- Up to 40 inches tall ( 101.6 cm)
- Sitting in own seat
- CARES weighs just one pound and fits into a 6″ (15.24 cm) stuff sack!
- It is easily portable, simple to install, adjustable to every size airplane seat, and usable on any window or center seat in the airplane, except in the emergency exit rows.
CARES and Special CARES are only certified for children up to 40 inches (101.6 cm) AND 44 pounds (20 kg ). IF THE USER IS TALLER THAN 40 INCHES (101.6cm) AND OVER 44 POUNDS (20kg), A SPECIAL PERMIT (EXEMPTION LETTER) MUST BE OBTAINED FROM THE FAA. THE USER SHOULD CARRY THIS LETTER EVERY TIME HE FLIES. FOR STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FAA EXEMPTION LETTER.
* The FAA permit is actually a letter, (called an exemption letter), which ‘exempts’ a flyer from the FAA rules regarding size restrictions and allows a larger special needs individual to use CARES. This letter may be needed for CARES (if the flyer is larger than 44 lbs (20 kg) and 40 inches (101.6 cm) ) and is always needed when using Special CARES.
- Operates on batteries (3 x AAA, not included)
- Measurements: 12 x 12 x 12cm
- Diameter screen: 10cm
- Bobby is not a toy and is tested according to international regulations
- Age recommendation: As of 3 years. Depending on the development of the child.